It’s no surprise that the employee experience has changed. Employees are looking for roles where they can have an impact, feel valued, and have opportunities for growth.
Organizations are consistently looking for new and innovative ways to engage and retain employees while keeping costs under control. At Upduo, we believe in the power of leveraging science-backed learning principles and technology to transform what you can do inside an organization.
That’s why this year at CES, we announced that we’re building on our efforts and introducing better ways for employees to learn in the workplace while feeling recognized and valued by their team.
Peer-to-peer learning in 2023
At Upduo, we believe that learning from someone that’s mastered a skill is significantly more effective than traditional learning, that’s why we’re so passionate about peer-to-peer learning methods.
Peer-to-peer learning involves connecting employees to learn from each other. Rather than just traditional forms of L&D, peer-to-peer learning can help to improve employee engagement and retention in several ways:
- improve employee retention: by providing employees with opportunities to learn new skills and advance their careers, employees can not only be more successful in their roles but also, have more opportunities for career growth and advancement.
- Informal and personalized learning: more engaging and enjoyable than traditional forms of training, peer-to-peer learning can increase employee satisfaction and motivation while fostering a sense of community and collaboration.
- increase the practicality of existing L&D programs: By allowing employees to share their own experiences and expertise, organizations can create learning programs that are more tailored to the specific needs and preferences of a role or job function, and that are more likely to have a real impact on their work.
Not to mention that peer-to-peer learning works. Implementing peer learning to supplement your learning programs has proven to improve learning targets by more than 20% over traditional L&D programs that rely on watching a video and taking a quiz.
To date, we’ve seen over 450,000 learning sessions happen on Upduo.
Recognize your team's hard work with Kudos
In today’s world, it’s more important than ever to give credit where credit is due. This is especially true when it comes to one-on-one peer learning experiences, where a single individual’s efforts can make all the difference in the experience itself.
That’s why we’re announcing kudos. Kudos is a simple way for employees to send encouraging messages after a learning session. Learners can send kudos directly through the Upduo app to help employees feel valued and appreciated for their efforts after a session.
Sending kudos, or positive feedback, to your learning partner can have a number of benefits for everyone involved:
- For the recipient, it can be incredibly rewarding to know that their hard work and dedication is being recognized. This can boost confidence, motivation, and encourage team members to practice.
- For the sender, giving positive feedback can be just as beneficial. It can foster a sense of community and connection, as users come together to support and encourage each other.
We believe that kudos can help to increase employee retention and engagement by creating a more positive and encouraging learning environment, that ultimately leads to a better, more prepared and engaged team.
Match the right lesson to the right person, every time
We also know that just connecting team members to learn together is not enough. For learning programs to be truly transformative, organizations need to be able to identify top performers and gaps of knowledge across their team members.
To do this, we’ve launched more intelligent peer matching algorithms that identify and match the right employees to practice the right skills together. These new matching algorithms enable not only more targeted and novel learning content delivery, but also far more compatible zones of proximal development between matched peers.
By identifying the right learning content and matching employees with the right overlap of zones of competency, your team can get the benefits of personalized, competency-based learning at scale.
We hope these features will make our peer-to-peer learning platform even more effective and engaging, giving you the tools to start the new year strong. If you wan to learn more about Upduo, contact our team: reach out to the Upduo team.